Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Christmas in July


I want to do a little Christmas in July, today. It's going to be Christmas again before we know it. O.K...sorry, guess that isn't what you wanted to hear. Anyway....My brother carves and I wanted to share some things he has done and is working on at the moment. Here is a Santa he carved and I did the painting. Santa is holding a staff with a blue bird on it. Doesn't Santa have the sweetest face? He also has a bag full of toys over his shoulder.


Here are more Santas that brother carved waiting to be painted. My sister-in-law wants to learn to paint, so I'm going to teach her by painting on these little guys. I will post a picture when we get them painted. Below are two pictures of an Eagle that brother is working at the moment for a lodge here in Ga. He took a thick piece of Bass wood and is carving this eagle out of it. He was working on the talons when we were out there this afternoon. They look pretty wicked. It's amazing to me how he can take just a plain piece of wood and create something so beautiful out of it. This has gotten me to thinking about how our "Master" creates us and breathes life into us.

7 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh my goodness!! Cindy your painting is beautiful and I love the figures. And that eagle is simple amazing! Wonderful artwork ~ I hope you're doing good!! xxoo, Dawn

Anonymous said...

Amen!!!
Your brothers work is beautiful..and the little elf who painted it is exceptional as well. Very nice that you worked it together. They are awesome!!!

Mica

thevintageboquet said...

Looks like creativity runs in the family! Can't wait to see what's next!!!

The Feathered Nest said...

Hello sweetie! Just a quick note to let you know you won my vintage paper goodie packet!! Please email me your address, OK? xxoo, Dawn

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Hello from another Georgia Gal...

LOVE the carvings...where does he sell them?

The French Nest said...

Your blog is such a delight to visit...and congratulations on winning Dawn's (The Feathered Nest) prize!

Kate

PAT said...

Your brother is very talented!!

I love Santa, by the way...I have over 100!

Pat
Back Porch Musings

Hit Counter